Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Wee Angel in Cromwell Today - RIP Carys

Another wee child dead today, I cant believe that the last time I posted on this blog was when Riley (aged 2) died. Now Carys, (who is about the same age as Montana-Rose, one day before her 4th birthday), with Cerebal Palsy, and such a sweetie. I was always drawn to her smiley face. I made this for them, with the poem by an unknown author.

I am not there

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the snow on the mountain's rim,
I am the laughter in children's eyes,
I am the sand at the water's edge,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle Autumn rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

1 comment:

  1. It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
    You have sung to me in my aloneness,
    And I of your longings have build a tower in the sky.
    But now our sleep has fled and our dream
    is over, and it is no longer dawn.
    The moontide is upon us and our half waking
    has turned to fuller day, and we must part.
    If in the twilight of memory we should
    meet once more, we shall speak again together
    and you shall sing to me a deeper song,
    and if our hands should meet in another
    dream we shall build another tower in the sky.
    "The Prophet"
    Kahil Gibran

    ReplyDelete